Unbounded Labs are a team of expert engineers focused on smart products that enable IoT solutions. We have the proven skills and experience in IoT engineering to solve the most challenging problems for our clients.
Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies and commercial enterprises to universities and entrepreneurs, both nationally and internationally. Unbounded Labs ensures our clients lead the way in commercial, government, space, marine, and medical fields.
We are looking for an Embedded Hardware developer who is also knowledgeable in the field of software development for embedded devices. While your main task will revolve around electronic circuit design and hardware testing, you may also assist in the development of software to test your hardware as well as software tools for writing our firmware in production. The selected candidate will be an integral part of the entire process from the initial idea to the finished product. This position requires a high degree of flexibility as well as analytical and interpersonal skills. If you are interested in contributing to the success of Unbounded Labs, we are excited to hear from you.
The Embedded Hardware Engineer will work closely with all members of the engineering team and report directly to the Engineering Manager and CTO.
The following key attributes are also required but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, information technology, physics or a comparable degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven design experience in industry
- Embedded electrical design analog, digital, and/or mixed signal.
- A degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar; 7+ years of progressive engineering experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task, and keep track of simultaneous ongoing projects including some customer interface.
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbally and written
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional areas; work cooperatively with management
- Master’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering and 7+ years of experience in Embedded Systems.
- Experience in Altium Designer, Cadence, PSpice etc.
- RF/antenna design
- C programming skills
- Additional engineering skills
- Familiarity with version control systems
- Comfortable and competent using lab test equipment and soldering tools with hands on circuit design and construction.
- Experience developing audio circuits (analog and digital)
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Able to support/debug system integration
- Good communicator
- Work with vendors/suppliers to support prototype and production builds.
- Follow all ISO procedures and documentation for Unbounded Labs’s design control process.
- Review circuit designs for efficacy and cost reduction
- Determine design elements based on communication and security requirements
- Design electronic circuits to meet product requirements, including cost and power targets
- Work with PCB Designers to generate BOMs, gerbers, assembly drawings for production
- Perform board bring-up of prototype units
- Uphold hardware design standards and methodologies.
- Team with engineering technicians to validate product functionality
- Design test fixtures for production testing of product
To conform to U.S. Government technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Apply via Indeed or company’s website, no walk-ins, no phone calls, or recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full -Time
Salary: $80,000.00 – $92,000.00/year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org