Unbounded Labs (UBL) is an end-to-end IoT Provider, with expertise in Hardware, Cloud, and Applications Development. UBL is an IoT platform company that allows businesses to bring their IoT strategy to life. By utilizing the UBL platform companies can create, control and manage their IoT data like never before. This provides next generation automation, intelligent design and data analytics capture for a true end-to-end IoT solution.
Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies and commercial enterprises to universities and entrepreneurs, both nationally and internationally. Unbounded Labs ensures our clients lead the way in commercial, government, space, marine, and medical fields.
The Engineering Manager will work with the CTO to implement and ensure that software and hardware projects and engineering duties are fulfilled. They are responsible for solving any engineering issue that comes up in a project. Main duties for this role are answering technical questions, proposing project budgets, training new employees, and working with other departments within the company and management team.
The Engineering Manager must have a Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline (Masters preferred), coupled with 10+ years of successful experience with program management, electronic devices and software, product development, and technical leadership. He/she will be responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary team of electrical, software, mechanical, biomedical, chemical and materials engineers.
The Engineering Manage will also be responsible for managing multiple independent projects and ensuring that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to specification. The Engineering Manager assists in the coordination and the prioritizing of resources across projects, balancing the needs of each while monitoring the overall costs and risks to the programs. The Engineering Manager provides a layer of support and should be able to make decisions independently and demonstrate experience in directing and coordinating the workload of projects to team members.
The following key attributes are also required but not limited to:
- Flexibility to perform and manage a wide range of activities
- Energetic, proactive self-starter who enjoys challenges and variety
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to analyze resource commitments, project success criteria and other key indicators to provide interventions/adjustments as needed
- Ability to interact and collaborate effectively with UBL management
- Strong decision-making skills
- Familiarity with appropriate FDA, QSR, and ISO regulations: design controls, document controls, design verification, and validation, hazard analysis techniques, regulatory approval methods, and overall medical device industry knowledge
- Ensure that sound program management actvities, including proper planning, task scheduling, and budget tracking are performed
- Drive business for profitable growth while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ensure the delivery of programs to UBL’s product development process, manage staffing schedules, and budget
- Participate as a management representative / senior advisor to client programs as appropriate
- Participate in client deliverable reviews
- Maintain high-level client relationships
- Participate in new business pitches and preparation, as appropriate
- Draft and review program proposals advising on approach and the appropriateness of the budget and resource estimations
- Miscellaneous Management requirements & Special projects
- Engage in continuous process improvements, best practices development, and education activities.
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing processes related to electronic device manufacturing
- Experience in leading concept generation activities.
- Understanding of Mechanical engineering development processes utilizing 3D CAD or related engineering software techniques
- Understanding of electronics and software development
To conform to U.S. Government technology export regulations, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Apply via Indeed or company’s website, no walk-ins, no phone calls, or recruiters, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com